Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chicken in Wine Sauce

I have to be honest about this recipe; it isn’t a new one for us. It did, however, come out of Mrs. Darlene’s cookbook. I swiped Hailey’s a couple years ago and copied some recipes down. Hope you enjoy!

A Food Network chef once said you should never cook with something you wouldn’t drink. Um… OK! You twisted my arm! And I just happened to have an unopened bottle of Barefoot Pinot Grigio! Coincidence… I think not! Consequently tonight’s menu is the famed Chicken in Wine Sauce. And this is actually a recipe I didn’t alter, not much anyway!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup white wine
1 8-oz package cream cheese & chives
1 package angel hair pasta
1 can golden mushroom soup

Over hot stove combine soup, cream cheese, and wine. Heat until mixture is liquid. Pour over chicken and bake at 350° until chicken is done. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked angel hair pasta.

This is by far one of the easiest recipes I have in my collection! I do have a tip for the chicken. Something I’ve started doing when I bake chicken is pounding it out to probably ½” in thickness. First I would drink a glass of wine to loosen up any aggression you might have. Then tear off two long sheets of wax paper, and place the chicken between them. Take a meat mallet and pound away. You may want to drink another glass just for fun when you’re finished! Also season the chicken before you pour the wine mixture over it, even if it’s just salt and pepper. And you’ll notice we eat whole wheat noodles. Regular noodles might make this dish prettier, but the wheat ones are a little healthier.




You’ll also notice the new plate and fork (courtesy of the wedding registry), the “not-so-centered” centerpiece (another wedding gift), and the super cool new martini glass (courtesy of my boss and his wife)! Cheers, Jon & Val! By the way, I do have wine glasses, but I just had to try these new martini glasses out. Love them! Hailey, you were right a wine glass would have held more; and Mollie, the way the past couple months have gone, the bottle was very tempting! If I had only had a brown paper sack to put it in…

2 comments:

  1. There is a bottle of white in my fridge right now that is SCREAMING "Drink me while you make this chicken recipe!" Thanks for being my food muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously, where are the new blog posts? I know you aren't busy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete